KONJAC FACIAL SPONGE- CHARCOAL
LISA NOTO konjac sponge comes with charcoal as an active ingredient.
Charcoal helps detoxify and control excess sebum, especially since charcoal has antibacterial properties to help with acne.
This sponge is the perfect go-to for a gentle cleanse of your skin. This simple skin care essential is made from konjac, which is a porous root vegetable that's native to Asia. It exfoliates, removes dead skin cells for glowing radiant skin & is gentle enough for daily use.
Some research found that could be used as a therapeutic product for acne to help improve skin health.
Because the plant (konjac) is extremely gentle, it is recommended to unclogging pores, especially with oily and acne-prone skin. It is also great for removing makeup!
If you have a very sensitive skin, be aware since the konjac sponge can be very exfoliative. How to use
- Soak it in warm water for a couple of minutes until the sponge softens. This will also help expand it to full size.
- Begin cleaning your face by moving the sponge in a circular motion, kind of like a simple facial massage. This is the time to relax and enjoy, even for 15 seconds.
- Start in the center of your face and work your way out and up, avoiding the eye area.
- You can use a konjac sponge with or without a facial cleanser. Your skin will still feel clean and fresh without a soap, except that there will be no fragrant smell in the cleansing treatment.
- Hang with rope and let dry until next use.
It is best to replace your konjac sponge very month or so.
How to clean
It’s important to squeeze all the excess water out of your konjac sponge after every use, so it does not harbor any bacteria. After the excess water is out, hang it up to dry. Make sure you dry it in a well-ventilated area. Once a week, drop the sponge in bowl of boiling water for a couple of minutes to sanitize it.
After a certain time ( more than a month, depending on frequency of use), it starts to break down. This is normal since konjac is a fibrous root.
Comes in a linen bag.