Konjac facial sponge
LISA NOTO konjac facial sponge comes with bamboo charcoal as an active ingredient.
Active bamboo charcoal helps:
- gently exfoliates
- control excess sebum, especially since charcoal has antibacterial properties to help , among other things, with acne.
- It is also great for removing makeup
This facial sponge is the perfect go-to for a gentle cleansing of your skin. It is made from konjac, which is a porous root vegetable that is native to Asia. It removes dead skin cells for radiant skin and it is gentle enough for daily use.
Some research has found it could be used as a therapeutic product for unclogging the pores, especially with oily and acne-prone skin, and to help improve overall skin health.
If you have a very sensitive skin, beware since the konjac sponge can be very exfoliating. Use it gently.
How to use:
- Soak it in warm water for a couple of minutes until the sponge softens. This will also help expand it to full size.
- Begin cleaning your face by moving the sponge in a circular motion, kind of like a simple facial massage. This is your time to relax and enjoy, even for 15 seconds.
- Start in the center of your face and work your way out and up, avoiding the eye area.
- You can use your konjac sponge with or without a facial cleanser. Your skin will still feel clean and fresh without soap, except that there will be no fragrant smell in the cleansing process.
- Hang by its rope and let dry until next use.
It is best to replace your konjac sponge every 3 months or when it starts to disintegrate. This is normal since konjac is a fibrous root.
How to clean:
- Squeeze all the excess water out of your konjac sponge after every use, so it does not harbor any bacteria.
- Hang it up to dry.
- Once a week, drop the sponge in a bowl of boiling water for a couple of minutes to sanitize it.